Sunday, February 13, 2011

14 weeks, 911 twice

Saturday, February 12, 2011- 14 weeks

This week has been so eventful...mostly because I (Sarah) seem to have lost all brain function:)!
On Monday we had our very first Mommy Monday meeting at AC3 (our church, http://www.ac3.org/) and had lots of fun. Hopefully MMs continue to grow and we make lots of new friends.
On Tuesday, I locked the boys in the truck at MOPS. I knew it the second I shut my door too. I ended up calling 911 as the fastest way to get to them. I have a spare set of keys at home and a AAA membership, but I just wanted to get to my sad baby as fast as possible. Luckily the slim jim worked great and the Arlington Police officer was super nice. The last thing I needed was a lecture! Pax laughed the whole time and I think he thought it was funny. I'm so glad it happened at MOPS where I had lots of other mommies to help me feel normal...and to help me as I waited for the officer to show up.
On Thursday I went walking on the Centenniel Trail with some friends and their kiddos (Jenny and Reagan, Shannon and Carson). When we got back to our cars, Jenny's window had been broken and her purse stolen...in broad daylight! So frustrating...so we called 911 and stuck with her while she filed a report. This was the first time anything like this had happened to her:( While we were talking with the Sherriff that showed up, Reagan (Jenny's daughter) started fussing so I took her out of her stroller and held her for a little bit- then Griffin started fussing so I put Reagan back into her stroller but didn't buckle her up...you can see where this is going, right? Yep. She is 8 months old and crawling and managed to fall out:( Man I felt (and still do) feel terrible. I was so glad she didn't get hurt- just scared. I'm so used to babies that can't move (Griffin)...or know not to (Pax). I told Reagan she could push Griffin over some day to make it even.
Friday I hit the trail again, this time with Janae and Suzanne (and Porter). Between the 3 of us we had 3 strollers and 4 dogs. It was fun and COLD! It's supposed to be gray and rainy for the next TWO WEEKS! Winters here in the PNW can be so dreary!
Saturday, Grandpa and Grandma Imholt came and picked up Griffin and took him for a couple hours so mommy could work on taxes while daddy was up in Mt. Vernon meeting with other teachers. It was so different to have the house to myself and not be worried about getting everything done before Griffin got grumpy, woke up or was hungry again. They picked up Great Grandma Imholt and brought Griffin home around 2pm and we all got to eat dinner together and enjoy some family time.
As far as growth and development go...we're getting close to rolling from back to front. Griffin is working hard at it! We roll from front to back like a champ. He is really starting to interact with his environment and reaches for toys now...and gets them into his mouth. In fact, he tries to put pretty much everything into his mouth now. On Wednesday night, he slept SEVEN straight hours! Mom especially loved this little treat- hopefully we're getting closer and closer to doing that regularly. The best development this week though...GIGGLES! Griffin is really starting to work on his "voice". He laughs now...and every now and then scares us (and himself) with a big "GAH". Oh, we are also wearing bibs now...he is drooling that much!

Tummy time, 2/9/11

Jumping in our Johnny Jump Up

Playing with toys...and putting them straight into our mouth!


Playing video games with dad before bed!

All tuckered out

No comments: