On May 1, Griffin and I completed Bloomsday (12k run/walk), it's been on my bucket list for years and it was so enjoyable. I hope to do it again soon, next time it would be great if Ryan could join us. We stayed with Jenny Arlt at her home in Spokane and Twila Crain drove with us. There was no way I could have done the trip without help! Griffin did great but it was a long time in his carseat and whoever wasn't driving was able to climb into the back with him and play or feed him as necessary. I'm actually surprised it wasn't much much worse. I thought for sure the trip would take twice as long as normal but Griffin is a trooper!
Griffin is really pushing himself up on his hands now. And he can scoot backwards. It's funny to watch him get confused when he tries to go forwards but ends up farther away from his toys. He's talking more, blowing raspberries and spit bubbles more, and has most definitely discovered his toes as an ever-present chew toy. I'm also seeing a rough schedule emerge. He usually needs a nap around 10am (although this can vary from 8am to 1pm!) and usually around 7 or 8pm he begins his nighttime sleep schedule, meaning he only wakes up to eat and then goes right back to sleep. Hopefully the end is in sight for sleepless nights? I don't have to much hope that all this consistency will last long. The one thing I know about infants is that everything is always changing:) Good grief I love this kid!!
All 3 boys, snuggling!
Happy in daddy's arms.
Play time with Pax.
Play time with Pax.
My second attempt at a convertible carseat. (I didn't like the 1st one once I got it out of the box!) This one (by Sunshine Kids) I LOVED but our "new" car isn't new enough and I couldn't get it to install securely without the LATCH system that is standard in newer cars.
Chilling at the expo the day before race day. Griffin even got his own bib #!
Naked playtime:)
Kissing Jenny's frog.
You caught me!
Race day....BLUE SKIES!!
Hanging with mommy and waiting for our red wave (walkers and strollers, no running allowed wave) to get started. We started a full 90 minutes after the first wave... many who managed to finish before we even got to the starting line!
While working our way to the starting line, Griffin took a nap.
Being blessed by the priest.
The whole city turns out (well, most of the city).
One down...Griffin was already awake from his nap but not fussy!
2 miles and still a happy camper!
It was really starting to warm up...for me, since I was doing all the work:)
Doomsday Hill, hard to see but I'm glad I was walking!
Almost there...
Just a little over one mile to go...
Previous years' shirts...
Just a few more yards!
YES!!
Look at ALL those people! Over 50,600 signed up to participate! This is how crowded it was 2 full hours after we started...3.5 hours after the first wave started!!
On the bus ride home! This was one of the most organized races I've ever been a part of!
Twila wearing her finishers shirt!
This is what the rest of our day looked like:) Plus a lot of food!
Chilling at the expo the day before race day. Griffin even got his own bib #!
Naked playtime:)
You caught me!
Race day....BLUE SKIES!!
Hanging with mommy and waiting for our red wave (walkers and strollers, no running allowed wave) to get started. We started a full 90 minutes after the first wave... many who managed to finish before we even got to the starting line!
While working our way to the starting line, Griffin took a nap.
Throw away clothes...
Being blessed by the priest.
The whole city turns out (well, most of the city).
One down...Griffin was already awake from his nap but not fussy!
2 miles and still a happy camper!
Look at that beautiful blue sky! Not a peep from the little observer. He was still happy just watching the sights roll on by.
It was really starting to warm up...for me, since I was doing all the work:)
Doomsday Hill, hard to see but I'm glad I was walking!
Almost there...
we made it to the top! The vulture waits for you every year!
Just a little over one mile to go...
Just a few more yards!
YES!!
Look at ALL those people! Over 50,600 signed up to participate! This is how crowded it was 2 full hours after we started...3.5 hours after the first wave started!!
On the bus ride home! This was one of the most organized races I've ever been a part of!
This is what the rest of our day looked like:) Plus a lot of food!
Headed home. So much fun but we missed daddy!
May 6, 2011 ~ 6 months old

Look at him push himself up! And if you look closely you can tell he's blowing raspberries, another one of his new tricks.
May 6, 2011 ~ 6 months old
About 20 minutes later this is how we found him...

And this is about 20 minutes after that:)
Look at him push himself up! And if you look closely you can tell he's blowing raspberries, another one of his new tricks.
First rice cereal. He really enjoyed it, for about 4 or 5 bites. Then he started spitting it right back out!
I kept opening my mouth to show him what I wanted him to do...it was so funny!
I kept opening my mouth to show him what I wanted him to do...it was so funny!













































No comments:
Post a Comment