Today Ryan and I worked on painting the exterior of my parents' house. Griffin was super grumpy and really needed a nap but because we were focusing on working it just didn't happen. He fell asleep on the way home and 'napped' for almost 4 hours. When he woke up, I just made him think it was the middle of the night and time to stay in bed/go back to sleep. This is the conversation we had...from memory, so not a perfect transcript :)
Me: "I love you, Griffin."
G: "Yeah." (nodding head) "You're my friend too."
Me: "I'm your friend?!"
G: "Yeah."
Me: "Oh! I'm so happy I'm your friend. Is Daddy your friend too?"
G: "Yeah. And your name is Sarah"
Me: "That's right. And your name is Griffin."
G: "Yeah. And you are Mommy."
Me: "That's right, I am mommy."
G: "And I'm a boy."
Me: "That's right, you are a boy."
G: "And Daddy is a boy."
Me: "That's right. And Sullivan is a boy too."
G: "Yeah. And you, you are a grirl."
Sounds almost like grill but with and extra 'r' thrown in so it also sounds like girl :)
Love this boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment