Sunday, August 11, 2013

Nice pillow

Tonight Griffin woke up like usual, crying and looking for me and I did what I normally do- run upstairs comfort him and help him back to sleep.

Tonight, unfortunately, there was a little mishap.

Griffin asked for a drink of my water bottle, so I got if for him, opened it up, and gave it to him without thinking a thing- this is such a routine for us.

Well. Tonight he forgot to sit up before trying to drink out of it. Face full of water, choking, up his nose, etc. It was so sad and totally my fault, the poor kid was still half asleep and I usually remind him to sit up.

So I pulled his wet shirt off and swapped out his wet pillow with one on our guest bed while comforting him and as he calmed down I laid him down in bed. He put his head on his 'new' pillow, immediately stopped crying, and said, "Wow! This, this, this is a nice pillow, Mom!" all while caressing said pillow.

If he sleeps all night through because of a different pillow, I'm going to cry. Happy tears and also crazy tears because he's almost 3 and still not sleeping through the night and if it turns out to be such a simple solution. Well. You may need to medicate me!

No comments: