Tuesday, July 13, 2010

24 weeks...6 months!


Top photo in the am...bottom photo in the pm after getting some sun at the in-laws:)

Six months pregnant...and sometimes I still forget in that moment right when I wake up. Then I try to get out of bed and quickly remember, soon I'm going to need Ryan's help to roll me out! Knowing there is new life growing inside of me is very surreal...very miraculous...and not always pleasant! Heartburn is a pretty constant companion now and I'm sure it will get worse as baby gets bigger. I'm so glad someone invented Zantac (and that its safe for pregnant women)!!! I'm officially into maternity pants but can still wear some of my longer and larger non-maternity shirts. Actually, I can still wear some non-maternity pants as long as they are elastic or drawstring:) I also think I'm days away from 'popping'...my belly button is getting pretty close to flat. I think I felt Baby B's head or butt this week- nice firm round spot on the left (at the time). The midwife also confirmed today that I am having some Braxton-Hicks contractions already (perfectly normal). Now I want to be more aware though because I can't tell when I'm having one...only by feeling how tight my belly is from the outside.

What a week...our microwave handle broke off, so the only way to use the microwave was to pry it open with various instruments. The cost to replace the handle on a 13-year-old microwave? $76 + tax and shipping!!! So of course we just bought a new one thinking the install wouldn't be that bad...THANK GOODNESS for Dennis (Ryan's dad)! It ended up being a much larger project than I thought, including new holes in the drywall and rotating the actual fan in the microwave. Yikes! Hope this one lasts until we don't live here anymore:) We also bought 'new' couches...Ryan's mom stopped by a garage sale and found the pair for only $30 total! They look like we bought them first and then picked out the paint color...and Bailey LOVES the giant back-support pillows.

I went for my first open water swim in Lake Stevens on Thursday morning. The water felt SO good! I could stay in all day long but I definitely don't have the same stamina I did last year. I also bleed more than I did pre-pregnancy. I slipped on the dock (nothing to worry about) and boy did my toe show off! I got on my bike for the first time this year too on Thursday...I can still ride but the belly definitely changes things- I plan on getting out as much as I can handle both on the bike and in the water. Walking is a whole new challenge and I have a hard time making it 30 minutes without a break. And I thought I'd be able to keep running...so funny now! I think I really need to start wearing my belly-support band for walking.

The weather is finally starting to look like summer around here. In fact we were even into the 90s for a couple of days...and since AC isn't exactly standard in Western Washington our house (especially the upstairs) was roasting. I just drank lots of ice water and took lots of cold showers. I also thought this would be a good time to switch rings even though my fingers aren't swelling yet. I don't want to wait until my fingers swell too much to take my 'real' ring off. The one I'm wearing now I bought when I worked at Auntie Anne's Pretzels, since we weren't supposed to wear (and possibly lose in the dough) diamonds or other stones. It's about 1/4 size bigger...I hope that's enough to get me all the way to November! Speaking of things that no longer fit...I cleaned out my closet and filled 3 medium-sized rubbermaids of clothes that I plan on fitting into again:) These are getting stored in Baby B's room so I don't forget about them!




No comments: