Thursday, September 30, 2010

35 weeks

I think I'm finally glowing! I went to the doctor last Friday for some prescription strength heartburn relief and hallelujah it works!!! I had no idea how miserable I was until it was taken care of. I feel like a new person! It has made a HUGE difference. I wish someone would have told me I could feel this good earlier:) Although I'm not sure if they would have prescribed something until the third trimester anyway...but that was seven weeks ago! Other new things this week: Hands and fingers- Baby has been head down for awhile and I consistently feel feet and knees under my ribs on the right side, with occasional hands/elbows...this week, I've started feeling "tickling" above my right hip. I think Baby's hands/arms are finally big/long/strong enough to be just as annoying as the feet now! Swelling/water retention- Monday was the first day I really noticed it and Tuesday I had to take my rings off during the day. Both Monday and Tuesday it was really hot and humid so I definitely think that had something to do with it. I haven't been as swollen Wednesday or today. Exhaustion- I've been SO tired...and not sleeping again! So frustrating! BUT I've also worked everyday last week and this week and had a busy weekend with another one this week...hopefully I can get some rest next Monday and Tuesday which I've blocked out so I can't get any jobs:) Plus I really need to get to work in Baby's room! Burping- I think this might have to do with the meds I'm on for heartburn but I've been burping like a highschool boy this week! It's kind of funny in the classroom, the kids laugh anyway. Sleepy hands- I've been waking up this week in the middle of the night and my hands have fallen asleep...not sure what that's all about?

I had my first baby shower on Saturday. My mother-in-law Susie hosted and planned it with my mom- they did such a great job! I don't really enjoy being the center of attention but they did such a good job and all the friends and family were so nice and full of love that it really wasn't too uncomfortable. Baby B has SUCH an amazing family and family of extended friends, there will be no shortage of love to go around! I feel so blessed and all the gifts were so thoughtful and will help us out so much. I think reality is starting to set in and although I've been loving on babies for as long as I can remember and I'm not worried about diapers or anything like that...I'm starting to realize what a big deal becoming a parent is! WOW! What an awesome responsibility...SO glad I've got so many people to love us:)!

No comments: