Friday, November 12, 2010

Week one

Our first week home...I can tell already that this story (Griffin's) will be told mostly in pictures and short stories...since he keeps me so busy! It's hard to keep track of what pictures were taken on what day and what happened when. I'll just do my best to keep track of things and get them written down/posted before I forget! I weighed myself today and...I've lost 25lbs in a week:) I know that's not that exciting considering I just had a baby...but it feels GREAT! Only 15 more to go...but I'm in no hurry. I think I'll wait until after the holidays to start caring:)

Griffin sleeps just like his mommy! We both prefer to be on our side or tummy...and we do NOT like to be woken up:) I sure hope this means it won't be long until we're sleeping through the night.

Griffin cuddling what's left of the belly at 3 days old. I can't believe he fit in there!

Griffin's first checkup with the pediatrician. He gained 9oz and grew 1/2 inch in just 6 days!!

Mommy and Daddy went out for breakfast at Starbuck's after the doctor! Yummy!




We had our first sponge bath this week...and Griffin's cord fell off at 5 days! That's pretty early but not unheard of. It was so gross and smelled nasty. Mommy had a hard time cuddling that day with smelly baby. Thank goodness Aunt Meredith came over and could stomach giving it a good cleaning:)

Griffin's first time in his crib. He has ended up with us in bed most nights. It makes night time feedings so much easier on mommy...and we've done a bunch of reading on how to make co-sleeping safer. It seems to be working for now, we'll get him into his crib once he starts sleeping through the night.

Griffin already wears size 6-12month socks!!!

One of our favorite outfits...the hippos:)

Griffin was not happy...he has the sweetest little cry that sounds like a bird. It just makes me laugh and want to hear it again. It also makes my heart melt and want to do whatever it takes to make him happy.

All snuggled up with great-grandma Ruth.

We took a good nap in our bouncy chair...but the hat's too big and kept falling down.

No comments: