Friday, January 6, 2012

14 months

I have to start this post with some pics I missed from last month! Griffin loves anything technology...and is almost ready for his own laptop...don't you think? :)
 December 5, 2011

Mom got a good idea...lets take a bath with our bouncy house balls!! SO MUCH FUN!

 Griffin of course threw most of them out!

So this month has brought even more changes! THREE more teeth, Griffin's left of center bottom tooth is in as well as two lower molars. He is so much smarter and adept now. He is climbing under and over things, closer to words and blabbing away more frequently. He understands more and responds to requests and  commands (Can I have a hug, "No"). Griffin is definitely a strong willed and opinionated toddler. He has no problem letting you know what he thinks about your request or boundaries. "No" is often met with weeping and tantrums. We're working on learning "no bite" and "no hit". Still working on sleeping through the night too.

 December 6, 2012- 13 months old!
Bath time!
 Griffin can climb up onto the rocking chair all by himself and rock now!

 The dismount...

 Mmmmm....grape juice! (Griffin loves straws!)
Griffin has started playing with toys "correctly" now too. (Driving cars along roads, etc.)
12/10/11: Breakfast time, Griffin insisted on feeding himself oatmeal...



12/11/11: SANTA!!


12/13/11- I took Griffin to the Doctor with what I thought was just a bad cold. I was sure the doctor would tell me to go home and let it run its course. Instead, she sent me to the ER because Griffin has "stryding" and "retracting" when he took a breath. Basically he was working very hard for every breath, this is CROUP and develops because a child's windpipe (which is much smaller than an adult's) gets inflamed when they have a cold. I figured we just be at the ER for a couple hours but they ended up admitting us! Everyone at Cascade Valley was fabulous and we ended up spending the night just a couple doors down from where our friend Emerson Miller was born last year! 
We did a lot of waiting...
 We had to see how Griffin responded to the steroids and the breathing treatments...
 He did GREAT but was clearly one sick little boy.
 He really liked the fish in our ER room.
 Finally sleeping. Griffin did NOT like the nebulizer treatments and fought hard. He also HATED the pulse-ox monitor on his toe. We had to try all sorts of tricks to keep him from pulling it off (even with the sock over it).


This is around midnight (4 or 5 hours after we arrived), Griffin woke up and had soaked through his pjs so he got to wear his THIRD pair that night!
 He was on a short leash and not too happy about it (don't let the smile in this photo fool you!)
 How do I get this off mom?

 No really, I DON'T like it!!
HI!!!
All alone in our own little overflow wing:)
Room 113 @ Cascade Valley Hospital in Arlington
 Griffin can take his velcro diapers off now...so now we do pants at all times OR...
 NAKED TIME!!
 Mom probably said "no", this makes Griffin so sad and mad.



12/19/11- Look mom, I helped:)
Kisses!!
 Hello? Hello?
 Up and down, up and down, repeat until tired
All dressed up for Nate and Rachael's vow renewal.
 Did I mention that Pax can open doors now? Luckily this time the toilet lid was down...



Christmas with the Carter's and Whites (12/23/11)

Pax and Griffin opened presents...then had bath time!
 Happy New Year's!!
 Pax got a new big boy bed for Christmas!

 Jump-a, jump-a, jump-a
 Happy Dance!
 Wrestling!
Oh no...not happy!
 Climbing!
 Griffin's new guitar, a big hit with both boys!



 1/4/12- Happy 32nd Birthday Daddy!!
 FIRE!

 Packaging makes the best toys!

 Boxes and...
BUBBLE WRAP!

No comments: