I say it every month but this kid is talking SO MUCH! And because of it, he is so much fun. He has me laughing every day and I've never enjoyed my days home with him as much. I never knew I would love having an almost-two-year-old so much. Don't get me wrong, Griff can be exhausting and challenging too but the fun is just outweighing all the hard right now! His imagination is blossoming and he loves playing with his cars, trains, puzzles, blocks, reading books, and especially taking all of that outside. When he's outside he loves exploring the back-yard, searching for "icky poo-poos" and then showing me where they all are. I foresee 'pooper scooper' on his future chore list:)! He has even started asking to call Grandpa and Grandma on the phone! He will "show" them things using the screen of my very not advanced phone. And he gives them kisses by kissing the phone. It's so sweet. We are so blessed to have our families nearby!
Daddy is back to work full-time and Mommy is looking forward to getting back into subbing. We love routine around here and have even, finally, put Griffin on one. For the first time, the timing just felt right. Like he was ready for it and had already pretty much established one- he just needed help making it firm. So nap is now as close to 1pm as possible, bath time at 7pm, bed time at 8pm. And he's doing GREAT! It's so much quicker (most nights) getting him to fall asleep and I think he's sleeper longer stretches...but I've never been good at paying particularly close attention to the times he wakes me up. It just feels like they are fewer and farther between. We've also officially stopped nursing during the day-time and he has transitioned beautifully. We'll cross the night-time bridge later, when I care enough to make it happen. Or maybe he'll just stop on his own? One can dream, right?!
Have I mentioned, we're pregnant?! We announced the big news this month and are super excited to plan for Baby B2 sometime around St. Patrick's Day 2013. Griff has no idea what's coming his way:) BUT he has really started showing an interest in other babies when we are around them. Unfortunately, most of his interest is in trying to pick them up. Thankfully, by the time #2 arrives he will have six more months of verbal development under his belt and hopefully will understand better that he can't pick up baby!! He's going to be such a great big brother!
August 8, 2012- cutest kid I know!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
August 11, 2012 ~ Imholt family reunion and Great-Grandma Ella's 87th Birthday at Blackman's Lake in Snohomish.
Griffins loved the dock, the ducks, the sand, the water, the playground.
Dinner time with Grandma Kathy...he didn't sit still long enough to eat much. Too much playing and exploring to do!
But he would snack on Grandpa's lap!
Headed to the playground!
Such a big climb!
He made it!
Headed down the BIG slide!
WOHOO! So much fun!
He loved it so much he did it about 100 times!
Sweet cousin Kenna joined us
Look at this thing! It's HUGE!
Griffin probably ran miles up and down this thing! Daddy spent all day chasing him around!
My two favorite boys!!
Griffin tried drinking the puddle of water. SO GROSS! So I took a pic:)
Griffin helped himself to shared some toys a random family brought. They didn't speak English- sounded Eastern European (Russian? Ukranian?) to me.
But he LOVED their trucks and they were nice enough to let him play a bit.
Then it was time for cake frosting...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Headed to Grandpa and Grandma Barci's to escape the heat!
Helping Daddy drive down the gravel driveway:)
Sitting on Mommy's lap!
Sprinkler!
Story time after bath time:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Thomas fan with his new gear! Yay clearance!!
On our way to Olive Garden...
Which wasn't very successful with a squirmy toddler!
He sat on everyone's lap...
threw a couple of fits...

and ended up outside with Daddy while Grandpa, Grandma, and Mommy wrapped things up.
Bye Bye Garbage Truck!
Griffin LOVED it when we went on the 7th grade field trip earlier this year...not so much today
But there was hardly anyone there so he could run around...and drag me around.
Nicole didn't end up keeping her skates on either but Ally did GREAT!
Griff loved the disco ball...
And like I said before...running around!
"That IS an orange cone. Now put it back!"
Good job buddy!
The hokey pokey!!
Followed by McDonald's at the park!
Climbed the whole thing by himself. Higher than my head! I was officially nervous!
It only looks like he was sharing nicely...don't be fooled:)
And of course, post-nap naked sprinkler time in the backyard! Only his favorite summer activity now that he's allowed in the backyard!
This might not be good...
NOPE! Not good (but funny)!
It didn't stop him though! Just made him a bit more cautious.

AIRPLANE!
Mowing the yard...
Push me Daddy!
Holding on is hard work!
Lots of cars and trucks...
Wearing his "announcement" shirt, "Only Child, Expiring March 2013"
Hey mister! Don't pick Grandma's flowers!!
Garbage truck!!!
Lincoln and Uncle Jeremy
So stinking cute! I LOVE this kid!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September 1: He needed a snack and some down-time...so he climbed into his monkey chair and got super comfy. So funny!
Bailey of course, hoping for crumbs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September 5th: This is what I found him doing after I finished getting myself ready for the day...
just carefully, neatly, and quietly dumping all his toys out so that he could stack the empty bins...
It's gotta be juuuuuuust right...
double checking.....
I think this will work better...
Now we're talking...
PERFECT!
So proud of himself!
"Oh noooooo!" Griffin now 'fake' falls just so he can say "Oh no!" and make you laugh.
Seriously, I love this kid!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September 6 ~ Griffin is 22 months and Baby B2 is 12 weeks...and just for the record, this is the only picture I will be taking in the evening after eating all day long:)
OWIE!! (Yes he is in Christmas pajamas. Because I think it's hilarious and he doesn't know better).
Putting the bucket on mommy's head...so funny!
I think I made him mad...but he quickly forgot and started...
JUMPING!!
Sometimes I think we have too much fun:)
Helping Daddy drive down the gravel driveway:)
Sitting on Mommy's lap!
Sprinkler!
Story time after bath time:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Thomas fan with his new gear! Yay clearance!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
August 19~ stopped at Sears to dream about a new dishwasher!On our way to Olive Garden...
Which wasn't very successful with a squirmy toddler!
He sat on everyone's lap...
threw a couple of fits...
and ended up outside with Daddy while Grandpa, Grandma, and Mommy wrapped things up.
Who's there? He loves to ring the doorbell!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, August 21- GARBAGE DAY!Bye Bye Garbage Truck!
Just playing some hoops in the backyard!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
August 22~ We met up with Rebecca, Ally and Nicole to go roller skating...Griffin LOVED it when we went on the 7th grade field trip earlier this year...not so much today
But there was hardly anyone there so he could run around...and drag me around.
Nicole didn't end up keeping her skates on either but Ally did GREAT!
Griff loved the disco ball...
And like I said before...running around!
"That IS an orange cone. Now put it back!"
Good job buddy!
The hokey pokey!!
Followed by McDonald's at the park!
Climbed the whole thing by himself. Higher than my head! I was officially nervous!
It only looks like he was sharing nicely...don't be fooled:)
And of course, post-nap naked sprinkler time in the backyard! Only his favorite summer activity now that he's allowed in the backyard!
This might not be good...
NOPE! Not good (but funny)!
It didn't stop him though! Just made him a bit more cautious.
AIRPLANE!
Mowing the yard...
Push me Daddy!
Holding on is hard work!
So fun!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Naptime at Grandpa and Grandma'sLots of cars and trucks...
Wearing his "announcement" shirt, "Only Child, Expiring March 2013"
Hey mister! Don't pick Grandma's flowers!!
Garbage truck!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
August 27, at Uncle Jeremy's Boys and Girls Club Military appreciation night. Jeremy worked so hard on it and Griffin LOVED it! Especially the balloons and the Silvertips mascot, Lincoln!!Lincoln and Uncle Jeremy
Griffin also got to meet James Donaldson, former Seattle Super Sonic!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is what happens when Griff throws a block at you from point-blank range. OUCH!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
August 30: Just reading to himself. Out loud. "Oh BIG truck!" etc.So stinking cute! I LOVE this kid!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September 1: He needed a snack and some down-time...so he climbed into his monkey chair and got super comfy. So funny!
Bailey of course, hoping for crumbs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September 5th: This is what I found him doing after I finished getting myself ready for the day...
just carefully, neatly, and quietly dumping all his toys out so that he could stack the empty bins...
It's gotta be juuuuuuust right...
double checking.....
I think this will work better...
Now we're talking...
PERFECT!
So proud of himself!
"Oh noooooo!" Griffin now 'fake' falls just so he can say "Oh no!" and make you laugh.
Seriously, I love this kid!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September 6 ~ Griffin is 22 months and Baby B2 is 12 weeks...and just for the record, this is the only picture I will be taking in the evening after eating all day long:)
OWIE!! (Yes he is in Christmas pajamas. Because I think it's hilarious and he doesn't know better).
Putting the bucket on mommy's head...so funny!
I think I made him mad...but he quickly forgot and started...
JUMPING!!
Sometimes I think we have too much fun:)
No comments:
Post a Comment