Baby B2 is halfway here already! Time is flying by. We spent today at the Pumpkin Patch and Griffin mud-puddle stomped! I can't wait for there to be two little Barci kids running around and getting dirty.
I'm not sure if this pregnancy is really much different from Griffin's. I'm already dealing with heartburn, feeling tired, etc. One thing that is different is that I have developed 2nd trimester 'nausea'. I put it in quotes because it's not upset stomach nausea like the 1st trimester- it's more of a gag-reflex nausea where I eat something, brush my teeth, or something along those lines and have to pause, breath, and fight the urge to vomit. No fun.
What is different this time around is my excitement level. I am so so so excited to have another baby that I'm actually enjoying pregnancy. All the discomforts and inconvenient side-effects just don't drag me down like they did with Griffin. I think it's because I know on a deeper experiential level what I "get" out of all this work. And it's SO worth it!
And, this time, I'm BIG much sooner. That seems to be pretty standard so I'm trying not to freak out. And I think Baby B2 might be pointing in- their kicks and movements seem to be more internal and harder for Daddy to feel. Although we can now see and feel from the outside, it's just not as much or as extreme as it was with Griffin. Feeling movement is definitely my favorite part of being pregnant.
We're having no luck coming up with names. Naming Griffin took 39 weeks and we never came up with a girl name. I imagine it will still be awhile before we have a small list.
Griffin isn't really interested in the belly/baby yet but I'm hoping as things progress he'll get to feel his sibling moving. I'm pretty sure he's too young to fully grasp what's going on but I hope he's excited to be a big brother!! I know I am excited for him to be a big brother and to watch him love on his baby....and have them grow into best friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment