Tuesday, August 10, 2010

28 weeks




I wore the same shirt as 24 weeks...you can see the difference!

Woah...28 weeks sounds so...so...well, close:)! And so far away at the same time but it definitely makes me realize preparations need to get serious! And this week they have. My cousin Rob has been working on drywall in Baby's room with texturing planned for tomorrow. I was able to get Baby's closet all put together, with new added shelving since Baby will be sharing some space with mommy's projects (scrapbooking, sewing, etc).

I've also been fighting a cold for the last week...at least that's what I think it is now. Last week I went to the doctor and he thought it was allergies because my ears and throat were so itchy. I was given the okay to take some claritin and see if that helped...and it might have a little bit but not enough. I ended up back at the doctor this morning after a miserable and sleepless night coughing with a raw painful throat. This time around since its been a full week and I'm not getting better he prescribed antibiotics (Penicillin) and Vicodin as a cough-suppressant. I was shocked that I'm allowed to take vicodin but not Ib profuen! But both the doctor and the pharmacist said vicodin is actually commonly prescribed to pregnant women and as long as I'm not taking it long term the risks are very minimal during the third trimester. And guess what?! It's working!! I was able to catch a great nap this afternoon and expect to sleep much better tonight now that my cough is only occasional! Being sick and pregnant is no fun...and I normally wouldn't end up at the Dr...but Nyquil isn't allowed:)

Wanted to share some fun with you...these are some picks of the 4 women in my small group who are all pregnant. Tracy (the photgrapher) had her baby last year...paving the way for all of us! It's been so great to have such a fun group of ladies to do this with and get all the advice from Tracy and Stacy (the other mom in our group), I don't feel alone or crazy at all:)!!




Jamie- due Sept. 8, Sarah- due Nov. 3, Shannon- due Dec. 23, and Beka- due Jan. 4






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its amazing to see your progression. AND to see the difference of all of the baby bellies. A womans body is so amazing in how it changes through these stages, and your blog is a reminder of just how cool our God is for creating us so wonderfully!