Tuesday, August 17, 2010

29 weeks in 3D


Today I had the opportunity to be an "OB model" for a convention of sorts for the new Phillips 2011 ultrasound machines! I even got paid to have the ultrasound done. It wasn't super exciting, 4 or 5 people playing around with a bunch of technical jargon that was impossible to understand. (I was just one of 20+ ob models...so there were lots of people there and stations set up so the techs could learn and play). What I did pick up on is that they can do amazing things with ultrasounds when they need to! Of course Baby B moved a lot and even forced me to take some Tums while laying down:) AND good news...Baby is head down! (for now anyways:) My weekly email says that Baby is now over 3lbs and 17 inches long...no wonder I'm starting to feel knees and elbows trying to crawl out my belly button (not always pain free). Only 10-12 more weeks...

We also got Baby's room painted this week! The color is "Ocean View"... a very bright turqouise/blue that will work great with our fishy quilt and a girl or a boy. I LOVE it! The only things left to finish are the trim/molding and painting the ceiling! And then of course, getting all the furniture and setting it up!

I've started watching Pax Monday- Friday while Jessica works (Jessica and Pax rent our spare rooms). And the weather was super nice...so Pax and I spent time at Lake Goodwin and Lake Ki with friends...Western Washington is so pretty in the summer! I also found out that when you're on an anti-biotic one of the side effects is photosensitivity...meaning you can burn despite sunscreen...it wasn't too bad but I did get a little pink. Ryan and I have totally fallen in love with this little man, he's got such a big fun personality.

1 comment:

Heidi E said...

Wow! That is awesome you got to be a model! I love the picture, and the color of the room is so cute- what a great pick!