Tuesday, May 22, 2012

18 months

I've been so busy with work, that I can't remember what happened this month versus what has happened in the last two weeks since he turned 18 months. I can say he is changing daily right now. His language skills are exploding and I feel like something has "clicked" and he can now think and understand more complicated things. Recently he's made a couple connections that caught me off guard...but more about that in a later post:) Here are the pics from Griff's 18 month of life...they tell the story I can't remember. 
(Also, I previously posted about Easter which occurred during this month)

April 6, 2012
Enjoying his first ginger-ale! (NOT a beer:)

April 7, 2012: How Griffin gets up to the table...
 Step 1: pull chair out (they used to be too heavy for him)
 Step 2: Smile and look cute so mommy doesn't say "no".
 Step 3: Climb up onto chair.
 Step 4: Steal mommy's work
Step 5: Help mommy with her grading.
I bet you had a helper as cute as mine:)!!

April 10, 2012
He can reach into the top drawers now and has commandeered multiple toothbrushes for himself! 
 At least his teeth are clean?
 Griffin has started wearing hats like daddy! 
Look at that sweet chubby smile!!

April 16, 2012
 Not only can he reach the top drawer with his feet on the ground...
 but he can climb the drawers for a better look!
 This is WITH the kid-proof locks on the drawers so they only open about an inch or two!
 I'm gonna get you mom!
"Bouncing" on my stomach...what an ab workout!

April 18, 2012
 The crib is officially gone...Griffin helped me take it down and put it away. 
 What a big helper!
 He's going to need his own tools soon!
Sleeping in his "new" bed...our futon mattress on the floor next to our bed.

No matter what we've done, Griff has never successfully slept in his crib. He insists on being close, which I have finally accepted, learned to love, and NOT feel guilty about. We are simply not a cry-it-out family. It just doesn't work for us. God gave us a stubborn and strong-willed son that all the "techniques" didn't work for (and I read every book out there). We are confident that Griffin will grow into sleeping in his own room all night long- and until then, we enjoy the cuddles, the giggles, the lazy morning snuggles, the snoring, the baby kicks and wiggles, and mostly- the closeness sharing our room and bed brings us as a family. THAT is priceless and I know I will never regret the countless hours spent with my baby instead of away from him. And as a side note, I'm sleeping better than I ever have in the last 18 months!! Griffin can wake up and climb into bed with me on his own, sometimes I don't even remember it happening and wake up at 5 or 6am feeling shocked and rested!

April 19, 2012
 Daddy went Turkey Hunting for four days...G missed him so much I let him play with a picture of him. He actually gave the picture kisses. This little guy has such a sweet soul.
 Playing hide-and-seek...he "hid" himself and giggled until I "found" him. 
Showing me and telling me all about his "owie" (skinned knee).

April 20, 2012
 Playing with his stuffed animals on his new bed!
 Cousin Makenna came over and they had their first bath together...
you can see how thrilled they both were! LOL!

April 23, 2012
reading to himself...and his "friends"! Griff can now say "turtle"!!

April 25, 2012
 Dinner time!!


What can I say? The kid LOVES ketchup!

April 27, 2012
Impromptu "play date" with Pax and girl-time for Jessica and Sarah!! WOHOO! SO MUCH fun was had!
 A very very rambunctious and WET bath-time followed a yummy pizza dinner!
 GIGGLES!
 Splash! Splash!
 Our favorite bedtime activity...jumping on the bed and "pillow talk". I wish Pax and Jessica never had to move out and the boys could share a room as they grow up as "brousins". 


April 28, 2012
 Naptime!
 "Gangster Griff"

 Heading out! Oh, wait! Those aren't Griffin's shoes!
 Griff, you already have your sandals on...
 you don't need your boots too! 
 Locked and loaded, ready to go to Grandma and Grandpa's.
All smiles!!

May 4, 2012
 Funny face (I think he sat on a car).
 Isn't he just the cutest? I love this boy SO much!
 Helping mommy trim her nails. Griff is a BIG helper and always loves to do what he can to help out the grown-ups or other kids...
 like shredding the toilet paper for mommy. That's exactly what I needed:)
 These are Griffin's favorite pictures in the house. He can say "basketball", "football", and "baseball" and knows which one is which. I got so tired of holding him up to them so he could look at them, I took them off the walls! I think we have a future athlete on our hands!




May 6, 2012 ~ 18 months old!
 Nap time. 
 Giving "Baiey" kisses (you can imagine how much Bailey enjoys this!)
 Griffin share his half-birthday with Great-Grandma Ruth who turned 93 today!


No one could have ever prepared us for the joy of being parents. It's exhausting of course, but goodness sakes this kid brings us so much happiness! We hope his story and pictures bring you joy too!

No comments: