Sunday, May 27, 2012

Family Fun Night

Ryan's school had a fundraiser Family Fun Night last Saturday. I was worried about taking Griffin, thinking there would be nothing there for him to do and I would be so miserable chasing him around trying to keep him out of everything while Ryan worked the crowd (he's like a rockstar at these events- he's such a great teacher, I'm so proud of him). Boy was I wrong. I don't think Griffin has ever had so much fun! Or us watching him have so much fun. For starters he practically clawed his way out of his carseat when he saw the firetruck. He rode a pony! BY HIMSELF! And you know those GIANT inflatable slides? I think he played on it for about an hour again, BY HIMSELF! The kid is fearless and acts like a 5 year old. I think I took almost 200 pictures that night...most of them were blurry because Griffin never stopped moving. Here's the best!
Chillin' in the backseat with Great-Grandma Ella 
 He though GG chomping on his fingers was so funny!
  
 He literally ran to the firetruck and then was so impressed and awed he just stopped and stared! 
  "OH!" 
 He simply could not get enough! 



 Checking out the insides with Grandpa Dennis

  
He would follow the fireman all around and then run back to hide behind my legs anytime the fireman turned around. It was so cute! 

Maybe next year he'll be big enough to help spray the hose!
 
One of our favorite (maybe our actual favorite) local artist performed during the silent auction! Levi Ware and the Melodic Caring Project are pretty darn rad. Check them out at: Melodic Caring Project and Levi Ware
 Griffin loves Levi's music:)


Ok...all done with standing still!
 Inside the school there were a bunch of "fair" type games. Griffin especially enjoyed throwing the ducks into the water and getting everyone wet.
 One thing we love about Ryan's school is what a community it is. This is Ashley, one of Ryan's 6th graders. We love the Gabors! 


 He found his own way back out to the firetruck!  
And this time he got to sit INSIDE and 'DRIVE' the truck!!! 
  
  

 Don't worry...he pushed every button and pulled every lever! He didn't miss a single one. He's very thorough:) 
 All done:(
 Then down to the ponies...
he gave this fellow (lady?) a kiss!



Waiting not-so-patiently for his turn. 
I was so nervous that he would freak out when I tried to put him on...or that he would fall off and hurt himself. It was quickly clear that I was unnecessary. 








Then it was onto the bouncy toys...he had this one to himself!




Headed up the slide with Daddy...I thought this one just might scare him...



I want to go again. PUT! ME! DOWN!
Hehehe! He did this for about an hour! 
All by himself! The bigger kids either just climbed over him, waited for him, or picked him up!


Riding with Ashley!
Dancing a little jig- he was so happy!





He found the baseballs...
He helped the Sheriff clean out her car, LOL! He loves "helping"!
He also figured out how to turn the siren on!

Headed home...saying bye. He was SO tired and hungry. He shoveled all his food into his mouth on the ride home.
Hi horsey!


We will most definitely be going back next year and you're invited. The money goes to a great cause AND it's way safer than a 'real' fair! 

No comments: