Friday, June 15, 2012

School Days

Friday, June 15th, I couldn't find childcare for Griffin so with permission from my principal, I brought him to work with me. This was our "Celebrate Cedarcrest" field trip day and Griff and I joined the 7th graders at the Roller Skating Rink! As much fun as it was to share Griff with my students, I never want to experience a toddler at school again:) He is SO busy so I spent all my time focused on him and didn't get to play with my students like I had hoped. I mean, those skating lessons from childhood might have finally paid off! 
 Working at Mrs. Gruber's desk while waiting to get called to the busses.
 First bus ride...SO excited!
  
 Thank goodness his feet were too fat for the size 7 skates...the 8s were velcro!!
  
He did SO GOOD! But they wouldn't let him stay out on the floor with all the lights:(   
 I spent the rest of the two hours trying to distract him from what he couldn't do.  
 He has amazing balance and was able to self-correct almost every time. Only fell a handful of times!
  
  
  
 All done...he lasted almost as long as we were there. The last 20 minutes were torture for this momma!
We headed back to school just in time for the kids to take lunch and I got Griffin to sleep in our Ergo for about an hour. He woke up just a few minutes before the kids left for the day, perfect timing! Next up: playing in Mommy's classroom while she tries to grade.
 There were ballons in my room for the 8th grade dance later that night. 
Griffin might have had a little fun with them:) 

 Who? Me? 

 I did manage to get quite a bit of grading done but wasn't allowed to use my computer!
 Griff helped me push the last table to the edges of the room, classroom is ALL ready for final check out!
What a big helper!!

No comments: