I'm really enjoying pregnancy right now! I've gotten compliments that pregnancy suits me...and I must say, it sure is nice to hear that after the 1st trimester AND while gaining weight:)! Not often do you get to gain weight and have people tell you how great you look! It is fun having a belly and being able to feel and see so much movement. The other afternoon Ryan and I were able to just sit and watch Baby B move and kick. What a great moment. There are of course the downsides... I think Baby discovered my cervix this week, I'm pretty sure I've never been kicked there before and I've heard from other moms how great it feels (sarcasm). Heartburn is a big enough problem that I've moved from Tums to Zantac. Apparently, eating as many Tums as I was can give you kidney stones...NOT something you want while pregnant (since you can't have most of the medicines used for kidney stones). Zantac seems to be helping quite a bit.
In the next four weeks Baby is supposed to double in size...but I think Baby B might be ahead of the curve on this one. I'm feeling stretched and tight and even less-hungry. In the last two weeks my uterus has gone from my belly button to my rib cage...now the only place to go is out! My belly seems to grow every day and I've invested in multiple 'belly balms' and lotions to help ease the stretching and itching. Speaking of belly buttons, I think mine is getting close to flat...and then popping...I'll keep you updated:)! I definitely can't do all that I'm used to doing...lifting things, walking long distances, deep cleaning the house, getting in and out of our truck, bending over, getting off our couch- these things are all getting more challenging and exhausting!
This last week was so busy and fun with Janae and Matt's wedding and all the family in town. Grandma Ruth, Aunt Carolyn, Aunt Ruth Ann and cousin Marilee all got to feel baby move...hopefully Grandma will be able to make it to Minnesota in September for Nathan and Amber's baby (great grandchild #6) and then Washington in November for great grandchild #7! Plans are being made:)! Seeing so many family and friends at the wedding, listening to the toasts and all the visiting going on made me realize what a great extended family (beyond blood relations) Baby B belongs to!
Baby B went to the movie theater for the first time today too...we saw Eclipse, movie #3 in the Twilight Saga. I intentionally drank very little so I wouldn't miss the whole movie running to the bathroom...and Baby B was very nice to me! I made it the whole movie with minimal movement and no bladder shots:) Movie gets two thumbs up from me!
In the next four weeks Baby is supposed to double in size...but I think Baby B might be ahead of the curve on this one. I'm feeling stretched and tight and even less-hungry. In the last two weeks my uterus has gone from my belly button to my rib cage...now the only place to go is out! My belly seems to grow every day and I've invested in multiple 'belly balms' and lotions to help ease the stretching and itching. Speaking of belly buttons, I think mine is getting close to flat...and then popping...I'll keep you updated:)! I definitely can't do all that I'm used to doing...lifting things, walking long distances, deep cleaning the house, getting in and out of our truck, bending over, getting off our couch- these things are all getting more challenging and exhausting!
This last week was so busy and fun with Janae and Matt's wedding and all the family in town. Grandma Ruth, Aunt Carolyn, Aunt Ruth Ann and cousin Marilee all got to feel baby move...hopefully Grandma will be able to make it to Minnesota in September for Nathan and Amber's baby (great grandchild #6) and then Washington in November for great grandchild #7! Plans are being made:)! Seeing so many family and friends at the wedding, listening to the toasts and all the visiting going on made me realize what a great extended family (beyond blood relations) Baby B belongs to!
Baby B went to the movie theater for the first time today too...we saw Eclipse, movie #3 in the Twilight Saga. I intentionally drank very little so I wouldn't miss the whole movie running to the bathroom...and Baby B was very nice to me! I made it the whole movie with minimal movement and no bladder shots:) Movie gets two thumbs up from me!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment